After three years of growth in business, I am so grateful and humbled to announce that Lauren Perry Studio is hiring a Studio Assistant! I hope to continue to grow Lauren Perry Studio by finding someone who has a heart for etiquette and southern traditions and loves Lauren Perry Studio’s mission and goals as much as I do.
Lauren Perry Studio is seeking a Studio Assistant as a part time, paid independent contractor position. You will have the ability to choose your own hours, based on what works best for you! The required hours will vary based on the typical seasonal demand, but to start would be an average of 5-10 hours per month (with the opportunity to increase).
This Studio Assistant is a marketing/administrative assistant position, not a calligraphy position. If you are a calligrapher or aspiring calligrapher – that’s certainly wonderful, but is not required for consideration. I do not currently have plans to hire an assistant calligrapher, however I guess you should never say never!
Applicants must be self-starters, motivated and excited to learn. As a Studio Assistant, you will be asked to keep track of your own hours, and will be paid hourly. Hourly rates between $10-15/hour will be negotiated based on level of experience, and skill set of the chosen candidate.
You will be involved in a variety of tasks including assisting in scheduling Instagram posts through Planoly, preparing blog posts and newsletters, as well as helping with LPS’s presence on Facebook and Pinterest. Additionally, you will be asked to help with streamlining client workflow and experience.
If you are interested in this position or know someone who might be, please thoroughly read the guidelines below!
What I’m looking for:
– heart for etiquette and southern traditions
– responsibility; thrives working independently & is self-motivated
– highly organized with a strong work ethic
– familiar with social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
– eye for color / design to ensure that content is on-brand for LPS
– excellent oral and written skills (with proper grammar and spelling)
– marketing or administrative assistant experience is a big bonus, but not required!
What you can expect from me if hired:
– become proficient in Dubsado, my client management program
– vendor relationships & networking
– learn what it takes to run a successful small business while still working a full time job!
– advice on creating a great client experience
– a bubbly, excited person to work with that will likely send you e-mails with lots of !!!!
– constant feedback and encouragement
Things that are not required, but would be a plus!:
– local to Norfolk, VA
– photography experience (or a desire to learn) to capture and create content for social media – this doesn’t have to be on a professional level, great iPhone pictures work!
– experience with/knowledge of Dubsado, my client management program
– experience with/knowledge of Planoly, my instagram scheduling software
– part time, independent contractor position
– 5-10 hours a month to start, with the potential to increase
– this position is compatible with another full or part time job or classes
– you are able to choose your own working hours, based on what works best for you (that meet the required deadline demands)
– this position can be held by someone local in Norfolk, VA or wherever!
– $10-15 per hour (depending on experience)
– start date is flexible, but I’d like to have someone who could start soon!
– It’s really important to me to find the right person for this position, not just a person. So, I will wait to hire if need be to find the right fit for the team!
All applications must be received by 11:59pm on Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
I cannot wait to talk to you!